NOTE: SRS due dates listed below apply to all investigator-coordinated proposals. Proposals directly coordinated by the CERS Strategic Grants Team will follow a more aggressive internal timeline.
Identify funding opportunity.
- AgriLife Weekly Funding Opportunity Posts
- Funding Opportunities from TAMU Division of Research site
- Comprehensive Database of External Funding Opportunities: by Pivot
Notify Sponsored Research Services (SRS) of intent to submit a proposal as soon as possible, but AT LEAST 3 weeks in advance of the sponsor deadline.
- You can find your SRS proposal administrator contact here.
- The submission policy can also be found here.
3. Electronic Access
Maestro: is a web browser-based application designed to support researchers and research administration across The Texas A&M University System (TAMUS).
- Click here to log into Maestro with your Single Sign-On UIN and password.
- Visit the Texas A&M AgriLife Contract: Maestro Support webpage for more information regarding Maestro.
Proposal Submission Sites: Makes sure you have access to any specific electronic proposal submission sites, if needed.
- Some examples are FastLane for NSF, PAMS for DOE Office of Science projects, EERE-Exchange for DOE-EERE project, eRA Commons for NIH (SRS can assist with creating a PI account under the appropriate institution), or any other electronic submission sites mentioned in the funding opportunity.
- SRS already has accounts for sites like SAMS, Grants.gov or Research.gov.
4. Compliance Items
The AgriLife Risk and Compliance Office was established within AgriLife Administrative Services to provide risk and management advisory services, as well as to promote compliance with applicable federal and state laws, Texas A&M University System policies and regulations and AgriLife rules and procedures.
- Click here for information on:
- Financial Conflict of Interest
- Export Control, including visiting scholars and international travel.
- Research Compliance
- IRB (Institutional Review Board)
- IACUC (Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee)
- AACUC (Agriculture Animal Care & Use Committee)
- IBC (Institutional Biosafety Committee)
- Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS)
- Programs for Minors/Minors in Laboratories
5. Five Days Before Sponsor Deadline
Submit final budget, budget justifications, requested waivers and subcontract information, if applicable, and all supplementary documentation required by the RFP to SRS 5 days in advance of the sponsor deadline. Include a draft abstract or technical narrative. This will allow routing for institutional approval through Maestro in order to submit the proposed project to the sponsor.
6. Two Days Before Sponsor Deadline
Submit final technical narrative to SRS one business day in advance of the sponsor deadline for quality review and submission. Full review of the proposal for potential errors is not guaranteed if submitted after this deadline.